Kejiang Ye [中文]
PhD, Associate Professor
Center for Cloud Computing Research
Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Email: kj.ye at siat.ac.cn
Address: 1068 Xueyuan Boulevard,
Nanshan, Shenzhen, 518055, China
Biography | Research Interests | Education | Working | Teaching | Projects | Publications
| Professional Experience | Honors & Awards ]
- I'm looking for highly motivated Post-doc, PhD, and Master Students! Visiting and undergraduate students are also welcome!
- Kejiang Ye is currently an Associate Professor at the Center for Cloud Computing Research, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology (SIAT), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). Before joining SIAT, he was a Post Doctoral Research Associate at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), from April 2014 to April 2015, and was a Post Doctoral Research Fellow at Wayne State University (WSU), from April 2015 to October 2016. He received his B.S and Ph.D degree both from Zhejiang University in 2008 and 2013 respectively. He was also a joint Ph.D student at The University of Sydney from 2012 to 2013. His research interests focus on the performance, energy, and reliability of Cloud computing, Big data systems and Network . He is a member of SPEC Research Group and is also a member of IEEE, ACM, CCF and CIE.
- Cloud Computing, Big Data Systems, Network
- Performance: Performance analysis, modeling and optimization
- Energy: Energy efficiency for cloud data centers
- Reliability: Anomaly/Fault detection, inference and recovery
- 2004-2008, BS, Zhejiang University, China
- 2008-2013, PhD, Zhejiang University, China
- 2011-2012, Joint PhD, The University of Sydney, Australia
- 2014-2015, Postdoc, Cargenie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- 2015-2016, Postdoc, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
- 2016-now , Associate Professor, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, CAS
- Graduate Course, Advanced Computer Networks, Spring 2018
- Doctoral Course, Mathematics in Computer Science, Spring 2017
- NSFC Project, Anomaly Detection Methods for Highly Interfered Sharing Clouds, PI
- Shenzhen Key Project, Abnormal Network Behavior Detection Based on Deep Learning Methods, PI
- Shenzhen Basic Project, Performance Diagnosis Methods for Cloud Computing System Based on Graph Reasoning, PI
- Alibaba Innovative Research (AIR) Project, Intelligent Resource Management and Capacity Planning of Cloud Data Center Based on Machine Learning, Co-PI
"DartCloud: A Cloud Infrastructure Service Platform", by Xiaohong Jiang and Kejiang Ye, Science Press, 2015 (in Chinese)
A Book introduces our recent work on cloud resource management, live migration of VM, cloud data management, cloud energy management and cloud performance management; a cross-domain cloud management platform - DartCloud is also introduced.
- Profiling-based Workload Consolidation and Migration in Virtualized Data Centers
Kejiang Ye, Zhaohui Wu, Chen Wang, Bing Bing Zhou, Weisheng Si, Xiaohong Jiang, Albert Y. Zomaya
IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 878-890, 2015.
- Virt-B: Towards Performance Benchmarking of Virtual Machine Systems
Kejiang Ye, Zhaohui Wu, Bing Bing Zhou, Xiaohong Jiang, Chen Wang, Albert Y. Zomaya
IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 64-72, 2014.
- Performance Combinative Evaluation from Single Virtual Machine to Multiple Virtual Machine Systems
Kejiang Ye, Jianhua Che, Qinming He, Dawei Huang, Xiaohong Jiang
International Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling, vol.9, no.2, pp.351-370, 2012.
- Power Management of Virtualized Cloud Computing Platform
Kejiang Ye, Zhaohui Wu, Xiaohong Jiang, Qinming He
Chinese Journal of Computers, vol.35, no.6, pp.1262-1285, 2012.
- How Does the Workload Look Like in Production Cloud? Analysis and Clustering of Workloads on Alibaba Cluster Trace
Wenyan Chen, Kejiang Ye*, Yang Wang, Guoyao Xu, Cheng-Zhong Xu
in Proceedings of 24th IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS'2018), pp.102-109, 2018.
- Modeling Application Performance in Docker Containers using Machine Learning Techniques
Kejiang Ye, Yanmin Kou, Chengzhi Lu, Yang Wang, Cheng-Zhong Xu
in Proceedings of 24th IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS'2018), pp.1057-1062, 2018.
- A Deep Learning Approach For Network Anomaly Detection based on AMF-LSTM
Mingyi Zhu, Kejiang Ye*, Yang Wang, Cheng-Zhong Xu
in Proceedings of 15th IFIP International Conference on Network and Parallel Computing (NPC'2018), pp.137–141, 2018.
- Reducing Tail Latency of Interactive Multi-tier Workloads in the Cloud
Kejiang Ye, Cheng-Zhong Xu
in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing (CLUSTER'2018), pp.162-163, 2018.
- Fault Injection and Detection for Artificial Intelligence Applications in Container-based Clouds
Kejiang Ye, Yangyang Liu, Guoyao Xu, Cheng-Zhong Xu
in Proceedings of 2018 International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD'2018), pp.112-127, 2018.
- Network Anomaly Detection and Identification based on Deep Learning Methods
Mingyi Zhu, Kejiang Ye*, Cheng-Zhong Xu
in Proceedings of 2018 International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD'2018), pp.219-234, 2018.
- Imbalance in the Cloud: an Analysis on Alibaba Cluster Trace
Chengzhi Lu, Kejiang Ye*, Guoyao Xu, Cheng-Zhong Xu, Tongxin Bai
in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Big Data (BigData'2017), pp.2802-2810, 2017.
- Anomaly Detection in Clouds: Challenges and Practice
in Proceedings of ETCD2017 in conjunction with 22nd ACM International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS'2017), 2017.
- Performance Tuning and Modeling for Big Data Applications in Docker Containers
Kejiang Ye, Yunjie Ji
in Proceedings of 12th IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage (NAS'2017), 2017.
- VC-Migration: Live Migration of Virtual Cluster in the Cloud
Kejiang Ye, Xiaohong Jiang, Ran Ma, Fengxi Yan
in Proceedings of ACM/IEEE International Conference on Grid Computing (GRID'2012), pp.209-218, 2012.
- Live Migration of Multiple Virtual Machines with Resource Reservation in Cloud Computing Environments
Kejiang Ye, Xiaohong Jiang, Dawei Huang, Jianhai Chen, Bei Wang
in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD'2011), pp.267-274, 2011.
- Analyzing and Modeling the Performance in Xen-based Virtual Cluster Environment
Kejiang Ye, Xiaohong Jiang, Siding Chen, Dawei Huang, Bei Wang
in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC'2010), pp.273-280, 2010.
- Two Optimization Mechanisms to Improve the Isolation Property of Server Consolidation in Virtualized Multi-core Server
Kejiang Ye, Xiaohong Jiang, Deshi Ye, Dawei Huang
in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC'2010), pp.281-288, 2010.
- Virtual Machine Based Energy-Efficient Data Center Architecture for Cloud Computing: A Performance Perspective
Kejiang Ye, Dawei Huang, Xiaohong Jiang, Huajun Chen, Shuang Wu
in Proceedings of IEEE/ACM International Conference on Green Computing and Communications (GreenCom'2010), pp.171-178, 2010.
- Evaluate the Performance and Scalability of Image Deployment in Virtual Data Center
Kejiang Ye, Xiaohong Jiang, Qinming He, Xing Li, Jianhai Chen
in Proceedings of IFIP International Conference on Network and Parallel Computing(NPC'2010), pp.390-401, 2010.
- vHadoop: A Scalable Hadoop Virtual Cluster Platform for MapReduce-Based Parallel Machine Learning with Performance Consideration
Kejiang Ye, Xiaohong Jiang, Yanzhang He, Xiang Li, Haiming Yan, Peng Huang
in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing Workshops (ClusterW), pp.152-160, 2012.
- vTestkit: A Performance Benchmarking Framework for Virtualization Environments
Kejiang Ye, Jianhua Che, Xiaohong Jiang, Jianhai Chen, Xing Li
in Proceedings of Annual ChinaGrid Conference (ChinaGrid'2010), pp.130-136, 2010.
- A Cache-Aware VM Scheduling Method for Fault Isolation in Multi-core Processor
Zhaohui Wu, Kejiang Ye, Xiaohong Jiang, Qinming He
No. ZL 201110008236.6. (Granted, China Patent)
- An Energy Saving Method for Cloud Data Center based on Live VM Migration and Workload-Aware Consolidation
Zhaohui Wu, Kejiang Ye, Xiaohong Jiang, Qinming He
No. ZL 201110008227.7. (Granted, China Patent)
- An Energy Efficient Consolidation Planning Method of Virtual Machines based on Application Performance Constraints
Zhaohui Wu, Kejiang Ye, Xiaohong Jiang, Xiang Li
No. ZL 201310186276.9. (Granted, China Patent)
- A Fast Migration Decision Method for Large-Scale Virtual Machines in Cloud Data Centers
Zhaohui Wu, Kejiang Ye, Xiaohong Jiang, Xiang Li
No. ZL 201310186581.8. (Granted, China Patent)
- Member of SPEC Research Group and Cloud Working Group.
- Member of IEEE, ACM, CCF and CIE.
- Conference PC Member:
- 19th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2019)
- 3rd IEEE International Conference on Fog and Edge Computing (ICFEC 2019)
- National Annual Conference on High Performance Computing (HPC China 2018)
- International Conference on Computer Networks and Information Security (CNIS2015)
- International Conference on Energy and Environment Engineering (ICEEE2015)
- Review for Journals:
- IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
- IEEE Systems Journal
- IEEE Access
- Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (Elsevier)
- Journal of Big Data Research (Elsevier)
- Journal of Computer Science and Technology
- Journal of Internet Technology
- KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems
- Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience
- Software: Practice and Experience
- International Journal of Communication Systems
- International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
- International Journal of Information Technology and Decision Making
- International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems
- Applied Computing and Informatics
- SCIENCE CHINA Information Sciences
- China Communications
- Chinese Journal of Computers
- Chinese Journal of Electronics
- Review for Conferneces:
- Scientific and Technological Progress Award – First Class Award, The Chinese Institute of Electronics（中国电子学会科技进步一等奖）, 2014
- Nomination for the CCF Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award, China Computer Federation（中国计算机学会优秀博士学位论文奖提名）, 2014
- Scholarship Award for Excellent Doctoral Student granted by Ministry of Education（教育部博士研究生学术新人奖）, 2011
- IBM Scholarship for Excellent Student in China（IBM中国优秀学生奖学金）, 2012
- National Scholarship for Graduates in China（博士研究生国家奖学金）, 2012
- Outstanding Reviewer (top 10th percentile) of Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC杰出审稿人), 2015
- Best Paper Award of CLOUD COMPUTING 2012 (CLOUD COMPUTING最佳论文奖), 2012
- "Qiushi Academic Star" for Graduates of Zhejiang University（浙江大学研究生“求是学术之星”）, 2013
- He Zhijun Scholarship（何志均奖学金）, 2011
- Ping’An Scholarship（中国平安奖学金）, 2011-2012
- Toshiba Scholarship（东芝奖学金）, 2010